2651 Brambleton Ave., Roanoke, VA 24015
Important Information To Provide
- Your referral slip and x-rays from your referring dentist.
- A list of medications you are currently taking. Please note that you can fill out your patient registration & medical history form on our website.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
After a thorough exam, Dr. Acharya will discuss her findings and all options for treatment. Dr. Acharya’s goal is to help you come to an informed decision regarding care. Complicated or multi-disciplinary cases may require further discussion with your general dentists prior to presenting your treatment plan.
Your first visit will include the following:
- Review of your complete dental and medical history form
- Review of your dental x-rays and/or taking new x-rays as required
- Oral and soft tissue exam
Please notify our office if you have medical conditions/concerns or have been informed by your general dentist or physician that you require premedication prior to surgery. Patients with certain medical conditions are required to pre-medicate with antibiotics prior to treatment. We require this with your safety in mind.
- Artificial heart valves or joints
- Heart murmurs requiring pre-medication
- Severe diabetes or hypertension
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR PERIODONTAL CONSULTATION.
Welcome To Acharya Periodontics
What is a Periodontist?
A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of gum disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Periodontists receive extensive training in these areas, including three additional years of education beyond dental school. They are familiar with the latest techniques for diagnosing and treating periodontal disease, and are also trained in performing cosmetic periodontal procedures.
Dr. Acharya, board certified in Periodontics and dental implant surgery, can treat more problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. She can offer non-surgical and surgical treatment options specifically suited to patient needs and preferences.